** Now with Free Shipping
These NEW and IMPROVED Comet CAA-500 Mark II Antenna Analyzers retain the cross-needle analog function of their predecessor and add a full-color TFT LCD providing graphic and numerical, SWR, total impedance with R and X values, along with frequency and battery indicator.
Comet was the first to offer a wide range SWR analyzer with an oscillator covering 1.8-500 MHz. They provided a very accurate, simple to use SWR and impedance analyzer to the Amateur Radio community. Their analog cross-needle meter displayed SWR and impedance simultaneously as you swept the chosen frequency range, instantly providing the information needed to make antenna adjustments.
These new Comet analyzers can scan your desired frequency range in seconds, allowing for quick SWR adjustments. Since both SWR and impedance in ohms are displayed simultaneously, you are able to determine resonant frequency more easily. These antenna analyzers, powered by six AA Alkaline cells, provide up to 10 hours of operation. With their built in trickle charger, you may also use Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) cells.
CAA-500MarkII analyzers have the following features:
* Auto band sweep function: Switch to the amateur band of choice and press the "Sweep Center" button. The chosen band is swept and the SWR graphed in seconds.
* Manual band sweep function: Choose the band, the center frequency, and the bandwidth and manually sweep the frequency range.
* Multiple manual sweeps: The graph will overlay manual sweeps in 5 different colors. Make antenna length, position, height above ground, gamma match adjustments etc., and graph each adjustment in seconds without losing the previous graph.
* 8-16 VDC external power or 6 AA Alkaline batteries (up to 10 hours of operation) or use Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) cells
* Built-in trickle charger (for NiMH batteries, only)
* Battery indicator
* Selectable auto-power off
* SO-239 connector for 1.8-300 MHz range
* Type-N connector for 300-500 MHz range
These antenna analyzers retain the simple expedient of analog measurements and add a full color LCD screen to quickly, visually, analyze antenna performance and adjustments.