** Free Shipping. **
MFJ 929 compact IntelliTuner™ automatic antenna tuners let you rapidly tune any antenna, whether it's unbalanced or single-wire.
MFJ 929 tuners are comprehensive, automatic antenna-tuning centers with an SWR/wattmeter and antenna switch for two antennas. MFJ's exclusive InstantRecall™, IntelliTune™, and AdaptiveSearch™ algorithms give you fast, automatic tuning with more than 20,000 non-volatile VirtualAntenna™ memories. Each of the two antennas has four banks of memory; each memory bank has over 2,500 non-volatile memories for tuner settings.
Each tuner includes a highly efficient switching L-network with wide matching capabilities, 1.8 to 30 MHz coverage, a radio interface port, and heavy-duty 10 amp/1,000 V relays. They're rated at 200 watts SSB/CW.
A maximum of 256 values of inductance and 256 values of capacitance are available. With the capacitance switched between the input and output side, this provides a total of 131,072 L/C tuning combinations. The nominal tuning ranges are 0 to 24 microhenry and 0 to 3,900 pF. All MFJ IntelliTuners™ learn and remember. When you transmit, they automatically adjust for minimum SWR and remember the frequency and tuner settings safely stored in non-volatile memory. The next time you operate on that frequency (or close to it) and antenna, these tuner settings are instantly restored and you're ready to operate in milliseconds. The antenna has four banks of memory, which can learn and remember more than 2,500 frequencies and tuner settings per bank.
When you key your transmitter, MFJ's InstantRecall™ checks its memory to see if you have operated that frequency before. If so, tuning is instantaneous and you're ready to operate. If not, MFJ's IntelliTune™ algorithm (based on MFJ's famous SWR Analyzer technology) kicks in. First, it measures the complex impedance of your antenna. Next, it calculates the components it needs and instantly snaps them in. Finally, it fine-tunes to minimize SWR, and you're ready to operate, all in a fraction of a second.
Additional features include:
* Automatically matches antennas from 6 to 1,600 ohms impedance (SWR up to 32:1)
* Handles 200 watts SSB/CW
* Tune in less than 15 seconds, usually less than 5 seconds
* Over 20,000 non-volatile memories for tuner settings
* Four memory banks per antenna with over 2,500 memories per bank
* Highly efficient switching L-network matching circuit
* 1.8 to 30 MHz continuous frequency coverage
* Adjustable target SWR 1.0 to 2.0
* Adjustable SWR threshold 0.5 to 1.5
* Multifunction backlit LCD display with contrast control
* Numeric readings for SWR, forward, and reflected power
* Bar meters for SWR, forward, and reflected power with range options
* Audio SWR meter
* Built-in frequency counter
* Built-in radio interface circuitry for compatible radios
* Built-in bias tee
* Two SO-239 coax-fed antenna connectors
* Connector for random wire or single-wire antennas