** Free Shipping **
The LDG Z-817 is an automatic tuner intended for use with the Yaesu FT-817/818 QRP transceiver. It interfaces with the transceiver through its CAT port, providing full control of the tuning cycle. An included CAT/Power cable interfaces with your FT-817/818. This makes it an integrated tuner powered by the interface; no extra power cables are needed. Just press the tune button on the tuner and the mode is set to carrier, the RF power is reduced, a tune cycle runs and the radio is returned to the original settings. A CAT pass through port is provided for computer control.
Like most LDG tuners the Z-817 operates automatically, beginning a tuning cycle whenever the user presses the tune button on the tuner. It also features LDGs advanced memory tuning, providing 2,000 memory locations; when tuning near a previously used frequency it will recall the settings for nearly instant tuning. It learns your favorite frequencies and bands as you use it. You can also start a tuning cycle manually whenever necessary.
• 0.1 to 20 watts SSB, CW, and digital modes.
• Latching relays for ultra low power operation.
• 2,000 memories for instantaneous frequency and band changing (when used with FT-817 radio. 200 memories otherwise.)
• Battery powered. 4x 1.5V AA (Alkaline recommended for long life)
• Designed specifically for the Yaesu FT-817 QRP HF transceiver.
• Also works with any transceiver with maximum 20 watts power rating.
• Pass-thru CAT port allows Z-817 to control the FT-817 over the CAT bus while still allowing a host PC to also control the radio.
• 1.8 to 54.0 MHz coverage. Frequency for memory storage is read from the radio via CAT.
• Tunes 6 to 600 ohm loads (16 to 150 on 6M), 24 to 2400 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun.
• For Dipoles, Verticals, Vees, Beams or any Coax Fed Antenna.
• Optional external Balun allows tuning of random length, long wire or ladder line fed antennas.
• Dimensions: 5.1L” x 4.7W” x 1.7H”. Fits on top the FT-817 with room to spare, allowing access to aftermarket add-ons such as internal DSP.
• Weight: 9.3 ounces (without batteries)
Note: All LDG tuners come with a two year fully transferable warranty.